While registering as provider and adding your bank details to be paid, you get this error message as the bank complained about a wrong formatted account number (the one you entered). Countries and banks have different formats. For example in NZ:
- Account Name => 'Your Company LTD',
- Bank Number => '03 1234',
- Account Number => '03 1234 0000000 000’,
"It looks like the bank number also appears in the account number. You should just remove the 03 1234 from the Account Number and it will work fine."
- All New Zealand bank account numbers follow this pattern: 00 0000 0000000 000
- The first two numbers show which bank manages the account. Westpac is 03 for example.
- The next four digits show your branch.
- The next seven show your account number.
Here the solution is to make sure you don't include your Bank number into your account number.
More details from Westpac if needed: http://westpac.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/81/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTIzMjM4ODAwL3NpZC8yejhCOElKbg%3D%3D
Keep in mind this is not a blocker to register your business. You can aways skip this step and add your bank details later.